Home is where the gym is…
Home gym essentials (you know, for when your gyms closes during a pandemic…)
1. Power Loops-These resistance bands are an inexpensive but effective piece of equipment to add to your home gym! They come in light, medium, and heavy so you have a variety of options to use no matter what type of workout you’re doing! Bonus: they can even double as a hair tie if you’re in desperate need…and I’m talking d e s p e r a t e .
2. Ab Roller Wheel-Anyone interested in a 6-pack? And I’m not talking about one you can find in one of the (many) Austin breweries! This ab roller might look small and simple, but trust me when I say it does wonders for your core! The best thing about this piece of equipment is that it doesn’t take up too much space. So whether you have a “boutique fitness” sized gym or a home gym the size of the latest Equinox, this piece will make a perfect fit!
3. Adjustable Dumbbells-Anyone else using bottles of wine as a replacement for dumbbells at home? No? Just me? Well good news, now you can drink the wine AND get in a few reps at the same time! Kidding…kind of. These adjustable dumbbells can be set anywhere from 3 pounds all the way to 24 pounds, so you have the ability to do tons of different exercises and adjust as you go, WITHOUT taking up all your precious flooring space.
4. Yoga Mat-I think we could all use a little zen right about now, so these yoga mats would be the perfect addition to your gym when you’re body is in need of some serious de-stressing time. The thing I love most about these mats by Scoria (besides the stunning designs), is that they’re a company that gives back to kids in need. Every mat purchased donates 10 meals to children around the world through the Feeding Children Everywhere organization. Amazing product AND amazing purpose…what more could you ask for from a company? Namaste ya filthy animals.
5. Ballet Barre-If you’re sharing a home gym with a man who says “barre classes aren’t a real workout”, make him to try a 45 minute class with you and THEN see what he has to say. Although I should warn you, he’ll be complaining about how sore he is for a few days, so be prepared to put your Airpods so you can just nod along while you “listen” to him vent.
This barre is awesome because it doesn’t take up too much space, and it’s portable! It’s easy to store in your home gym so it’s out of the way until you need it, and it’s much more cost effective than a monthly membership to any barre studio in town.